Saturday, October 6, 2007

Tide Pen

When I went on vacation I went through my truck to clean it out. Among the old napkins and various wrappers, I found a Tide Pen I bought a few months ago and put in my glove compartment for emergencies. I decided to put it in my purse and take it on the cruise in case I needed it.

On our first night away we spent some time in a bar where I leaned against the wall and got some black smears on a brand new shirt. I have no idea what this substance was (and I'm probably better off not knowing), and I was upset that something I wore for the very first time was ruined. I tried some water and soap but that didn't do anything but smear the black around a little bit.

When we got back to the room I remembered the Tide Pen and decided to give it a try. I took the shirt off, hung it up, and opened the pen for the first time. I followed the directions (which were really simple: Remove cap, press on fabric until area is damp, and rub until stain is removed) and was stunned when the stain disappeared! I mean, really disappeared. It didn't lessen in diameter, wasn't lighter; the whole thing was gone!

What a great product. I used it twice more on the trip, once when I dripped butter on a blouse and another time when I dripped dill sauce on my pants. In each instance the stain completely disappeared and the fabric remained in perfect condition. I used it on 100% cotton, rayon, and a cotton/poly blend, so I know it works great on those.

I highly recommend this product to anyone who ever gets stuff on their clothes, and I think it's especially useful for those of us with kids. I plan to keep one in my purse and another one in my truck!

No comments: