Saturday, September 1, 2007

Cost vs Comfort

I try to cut corners where I can. I try my best to economise because neither my husband or I are in high-paying jobs, nor has anyone died and left us money lately. I have let our lawn man go, have cancelled our DVD rental plan, and have cut down on eating out.

I've also been watching what I buy at the store. I no longer buy the high priced, plump-your-lips-without-botox lipsticks, or the lashes-that-finish-crossing-the-street-before-you-do mascara. I also went from using my favorite razor, the Schick Intuition and bought one of those 100 razors for five bucks deals. I was proud of myself because, lets face it, using those lotion razors sure hit you in the wallet, even if your legs really are smoother than a newborn baby's butt when you're done.

Well, I have decided that I will spend the money on the Schick Intuition razors the next time I am at the store (incidentally, I need a box of band-aids so I am going tonight come hell or high water!). I don't care if I have to forgo an evening out at our local Denny's in order for this to happen; I will never shave my legs with anything else again. Sure, my legs are smooth even without using the Schick Intuition razor, but their luster is somewhat marred by the seven Dora The Explorer band-aids...

No comments: