Thursday, September 13, 2007

All Natural Health

My son has chronic asthma. He's been hospitalized a few times and we've had countless runs to the ER in his short 3-and-a-half years. He's on a nebulizer twice a day with steroids and, when needed, his rescue medication. He's also taking allergy medication daily in hopes that he won't get the allergy induced attacks which usually lead to pneumonia.

This has been really hard for me to accept. I am an all-natural, organic type of person. I check labels for additives and nutrients. I don't don't eat meat unless it's from free range animals that are not treated with hormones. I detest medication and I don't trust Western medicine. So, when I have to pump my child full of medication it goes against the very nature of my being.

That's why I'm so pleased with a product I've found by Buried Treasure called Children's ACF. I got it from my health food store last year and I liked it; I noticed a marked improvement in my son's health. We had no pneumonia scares and we were only at Urgent Care twice and the ER once. I think he only saw his primary care doctor three times too, which is a lot better than the seven the season before!

Yesterday I noticed that he was getting a stuffy nose which usually is the start to post nasal drip, which then leads to croup, which turns into pneumonia. Then we have to add a liquid steroid to his already overdosed medical regime and that's usually my breaking point... Anyway, I started the Children's ACF last night which seems to be helping already. He's still stuffy, but that's the extent of it. He hasn't coughed one time and there is NO hint of a wheeze *knock on wood, cross fingers*.

I love this product. I also use their liquid vitamin B product in conjunction with magnesium to help him sleep better (he's changed his sleeping pattern from a bedtime of 11pm to 9:30pm and he still sleeps to 7:30am!) so I know that their products are not only good but affordable!

No comments: